AlgoTrader is an algorithmic trading software system originally created by CEO Andy Flury . Prior to AlgoTrader, Andy Flury gained his extensive knowledge in real-time management of large data sets using Esper and CEP whilst employed as project manager and software architect for Siemens.
- AlgoTrader was initiated as an in-house solution for a Swiss-based options writing strategy.
- The Cayman Island based Rialto Quant Fund was launched, trading the options writing strategy based on AlgoTrader.
- The Swiss trading company Linard Capital was founded with the goal to launch a Volatility Trading Strategy using VIX options and Futures. AlgoTrader was used and extended at a large scale during the development process of the trading strategy.
- The Linard Volatility Fund was set up as a fully regulated UCITS IV Fund, with all parts of the fund process fully automated with AlgoTrader. This included signal generation, execution algorithms, portfolio management, risk management, FX hedging and reconciliation.
- Following the launch of the Linard Volatility Fund, additional alpha generation modules and a fully revised hedging process were added to the strategy.
- Numerous FX trading strategies were implemented using AlgoTrader.
- In July AlgoTrader was released as a publically available commercial product with all the features needed to operate a quantitative hedge fund.
- The immediate market reaction was extremely positive and following its commercial release, large scale projects using AlgoTrader were initiated in Switzerland, Australia and the US.
- In March the Swiss based limited corporation AlgoTrader GmbH was founded in Zurich and took over all operations.
- By the early year AlgoTrader GmbH has expanded to include a team of eight experts in the fields of quantitative trading strategies, highly-concurrent multi-threaded Java development and financial engineering.
- In April AlgoTrader GmbH was relocated from Zurich to Schindellegi Switzerland to be closer to the Swiss Hedge Fund industry.
- In April AlgoTrader 3.0 was released which represents a revolutionary milestone in our history.
- In Mai Found and CEO Andy Flury presented AlgoTrader at the Global Derivatives conference in Budapest.
For more information on how AlgoTrader can improve your trading strategy, reduce associated risks and maximize your potential profits, get in touch today.