AlgoTrader is a Java-based algorithmic trading platform that enables trading firms to rapidly develop, simulate, deploy and automate any quantitative trading strategy for any market. Designed by industry experts, it gives users maximum control of high-speed, fact-based trading for consistent, superior results.
Any quantitative trading strategy can be fully automated.
Using the Esper engine, high volumes of market data are automatically processed, analyzed and acted upon at ultra-high speed – up to 500,000 events per second.
Open-source architecture can be customized for user-specific requirements. Third-party libraries can be integrated. And technical consultation is available.
Leverage full automation and built-in features to reduce costs:
- Automated forex and delta hedging
- Automated reconciliation with external brokers
- Automated parameter optimization
- Excel based back test report
- Execution algorithms
- Aggregated Orderbook
- Derivative spreads
- Option pricing engine
- Historical data download
AlgoTrader supports algorithmic strategies not possible with other, competing trading software applications:
- Leverage the combination of Java and Esper statements. Time-based market data analysis and signal generation are coded in SQL-like Esper statements, whereas procedural actions, such as placing an order, are coded in plain Java Code – the best of both worlds.
- Define customized events like onMovingAverageCross, onExpiringFuture, onLastDayOfTheMonth, dailyAt6:30pm, onStoppTriggered, etc. in addition to standard events like onMarketData, onTick, onBar, onInit and onDayClose.
- Create a signal based on one or more securities, but then trade other securities.
- Trade futures and options in a continuous fashion with automatic rolling.
- Automate quantitative strategies that follow formal trading rules (potentially based on Excel or MatLab) but that previously had to be traded manually due to a lack of a suitable trading platform.
- Utilize time-based strategies that cannot be programmed with traditional procedural programming languages.
- Employ time-based window functions, such as during, between, afterwards, parallel with, along with, finishes and begins.
AlgoTrader is not another chart-based daytrader software package with easy-to-use drag and drop menus and hundreds of indicators, such as Tradestation, MetaTrader or NinjaTrader. Successful strategies are based on economic facts, not on extensive back-testing or chart pattern analysis of various technical indicators. AlgoTrader does have charting functionality, but only to monitor a strategy’s current trading activities and state in Live Trading.
AlgoTrader also isn’t a typical high-frequency-trading application. While the integrated Esper engine processes up to 500,000 events per second, AlgoTrader is ideal when complex trading logic is more important than latency in the low microseconds or nanosecond range.